We are growing again!
Shipping / Receiving / Warehouse Position
SPARTAN SLING MFG INC is a well known company with over 30 successful years in business and over 2,500 accounts.
We are financially stable.
We are fully invested in our employees.
We understand the importance of a living wage for our employees, even more in these challenging times.
- Self starting and well organized.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people are essential.
- Leadership skills are beneficial.
- Basic computer skills are required. (Excel / MS Office)
- Mechanically inclined.
- Good reasoning and math ability are required to solve a wide range of business situations
- Some heavy lifting is expected. Lifting and placing of up to 60 lbs. will be required.
- Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment..
- The job is primarily performed indoors in a traditional production / assembly environment.
SHOP EQUIPMENT IN USE DAILY
- Fork Lift - License required - will train
- Pump Cart - Training provided
- Overhead Crane - License required - will train.
- Company Vehicles - License & insurance required.
- Driver Abstract will be required.
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
- Receiving incoming orders, confirm individual product counts and stock in the warehouse.
- Package customer's orders according to our ‘shipper’ in compliance with company standards and customer directives.
- Assist order desk personnel in gathering and packaging materials for shipping.
- Maintain shop cleanliness.
- Inspect and record condition of racking & fire extinguishers according to OHSA requirements.
- Perform basic maintenance of all company vehicles.
In emergency situations, you may be required to assist with production or load testing.
We will make sure that you are comfortable with what you are assigned & you will not be working alone.
The production crew will work with you and teach you the job correctly.
- Report directly to Office & Production Manager
- Coordinate activities with Purchasing, Production and Management
YOUR PAST EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of overhead lifting materials as well as load securing materials is a plus.
- Training will be provided.
- Fair starting wage & increases according to performance.
- Full training will be provided as required.
- 40 hour work week. (some overtime as required)
- Paid vacation based on time served. (after 1 year of employment)
- Full benefit package. (after 90 days of employment)
Please submit your resume to SpartanSlingJobs@gmail.com
WIRE ROPE - NYLON - CHAIN - LIFTING HARDWARE
STANDARD & CUSTOM FABRICATED
Thank you for visiting SPARTAN SLING MFG INC. We appreciate the opportunity to provide you with your rigging requirements.
A family owned & operated company, SPARTAN SLING MFG INC is located in Windsor, Ontario; Canada. We manufacture alloy chain slings, nylon slings and wire rope slings to customer specifications. Our inventory of industrial rigging & components consists of many well known brands such as Bethlehem Wire Rope, Vanguard, Peerless Chain, Yoke, ACCO, Van Beest, ELT, Motivation, Letellier, Caldwell, Thern, Jeamar, Esmet, Newco, Robar, Columbus McKinnon, Coffing Hoist, Yale, Budgit, Suncor & many, many more.
Our overhead lifting and load securing products are being used by customers globally. In the recent past, we have completely re-fit the Antonov AN-124 fleet with wire rope slings, chain slings, nylon slings & associated rigging hardware. We have also fabricated 350 wire rope choker slings in one day for a major utility company.
Our broad customer base includes industries from A to Z and we support them fully. The very knowledgeable staff at SPARTAN SLING MFG INC also has a truly incredible knowledge base to fall back on thanks to our valued vendors. Sometimes, the best answer is "I don't know, let me get the right answer" and we are not afraid or embarrassed to ask our specialized vendors for help in order to protect your employees from physical harm or your company from financial harm. Safety is paramount.
Feel free to check our 'products' page or click on our 'contacts' button for all of your overhead lifting needs or questions. All we've ever asked a prospective customer for is for an opportunity...